Before submitting your rental application please review our rental criteria to make sure that you will pass the background check. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting our rental criteria please call our office at 253-863-8117. Please note SJC Management Group does not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable rental history or home ownership.
- NO evictions
- NO outstanding money owed to a landlord or Property Management company.
- Proper notice given to current or previous landlords.
- We reserve the right to deny your application if we are unable to verify your rental history.
- We reserve the right to deny your application based on poor rental history.
- Twelve (12) months of current employment or twelve (12) months in a similar job.
- Self-employed persons will need to show proof of income (tax returns, etc.)
- Other stable income may be acceptable if NO employment.
- Gross income (including co-applicant) shall be A MINIMUM of three (3) times the rent amount.
- Income may include sources other than employment.
- Ability to pay all deposits and rent in full, prior to move-in.
- One (1) year of established credit history.
- All Credit Accounts must be current.
- No undischarged bankruptcies.
- One (1) year of established credit after bankruptcy.
- We reserve the right to deny your application based on poor credit history
Criminal Record Requirements:
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or more. The application may be denied for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application date regardless of the applicant’s age at the time the offense was committed. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition.
Offense Felony Misdemeanor
Crimes against a Person or Property 7 years 5 years
Drug Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Theft or Fraud by Check Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Sex Related and Terrorism Related Offenses Declined regardless of time
Prostitution Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Weapons Related Offense 7 years 5 years
Cruelty To Animals Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Any Other Felony Offense, (ex: traffic, DUI) 7 years N/A
Deferred Adjudication and/or Adjudication Withheld Off probation/parole for 5 years
Pending Cases and/or Arrest Warrants Approved
Active Status on Probation and Parole Off probation/parole for 5 years
Pre-Trial Intervention/Diversion Approved
Please remember that this requirement does not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants currently residing in our community have not been convicted of or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony, certain misdemeanors or sex offenses requiring registration under applicable law. Our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
If an applicant has a criminal record returned, we will use the following Criminal Conviction Review Process:
Agent will engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant’s, or other proposed occupant’s, convictions if applicant has satisfied all other criteria (the denial was based solely on one or more convictions) and:
- Applicant has submitted supporting documentation prior to the public records search; or
- Applicant is denied based on failure to satisfy these criminal criteria and has submitted a written request along with supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Letter from parole or probation office;
- Letter from caseworker, therapist, counselor, etc.;
- Certifications of treatments/rehab programs;
- Letter from employer, teacher, etc.
- Certification of training’s completed;
- Proof of employment; and Statement of the applicant.
- Statement of the applicant.
- The number of occupants per unit is limited to no more than 2 people per bedroom plus one; unless local fire safety codes are more prohibitive.
- Each applicant over 18 years of age will be required to produce a photo I.D. ( a driver’s license or other government issued photo identification card).
- Material false information on your application may result in denial.
- Consider relevant individualized evidence of mitigating factors, which may include: the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; the age of the convicted person at the time of the conduct; time since the criminal conduct; time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence that the individual has maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct; and evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Agent may request additional information and may consider whether there have been multiple convictions as part of this process.
- Notify applicant of the results of agent’s review within a reasonable time after receipt of all required information.
- Hold the unit for which the application was received for a reasonable time under all the circumstances to complete the review unless prior to receipt of applicant’s written request (if made after denial) the unit was committed to another applicant.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA MAY
RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF THE APPLICANT TO RENT.