Before submitting your rental application please review our rental criteria to make sure that you will pass the background check. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting our rental criteria, please call our office at 253-863-8117. Please note SJC Management Group does not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.
SJC Management Group also request pet screening.
Rental Application Screening Criteria, SJC Management Group
Rental History: Here
Criminal Record Requirements:
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or more. The application may be denied for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application date regardless of the applicant's age at the time the offense was committed. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition.
Offense Felony Misdemeanor
Crimes against a Person or Property 7 years 5 years
Drug Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Theft or Fraud by Check Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Sex Related and Terrorism Related Offenses Declined regardless of time
Prostitution Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Weapons Related Offense 7 years 5 years
Cruelty To Animals Related Offenses 7 years 5 years
Any Other Felony Offense, (ex: traffic, DUI) 7 years N/A
Deferred Adjudication and/or Adjudication Withheld Off probation/parole for 5 years
Pending Cases and/or Arrest Warrants Approved
Active Status on Probation and Parole Off probation/parole for 5 years
Pre-Trial Intervention/Diversion Approved
Please remember that this requirement does not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants currently residing in our community have not been convicted of or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony, certain misdemeanors or sex offenses requiring registration under applicable law. Our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
If an applicant has a criminal record returned, we will use the following Criminal Conviction Review Process:
Agent will engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant's, or other proposed occupant's, convictions if applicant has satisfied all other criteria (the denial was based solely on one or more convictions) and:
- Applicant has submitted supporting documentation prior to the public records search; or
- Applicant is denied based on failure to satisfy these criminal criteria and has submitted a written request along with supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Letter from parole or probation office;
- Letter from caseworker, therapist, counselor, etc.;
- Certifications of treatments/rehab programs;
- Letter from employer, teacher, etc.
- Certification of training's completed;
- Proof of employment; and Statement of the applicant.
- Statement of the applicant.
- Consider relevant individualized evidence of mitigating factors, which may include: the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; the age of the convicted person at the time of the conduct; time since the criminal conduct; time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence that the individual has maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct; and evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Agent may request additional information and may consider whether there have been multiple convictions as part of this process.
- Notify applicant of the results of agent's review within a reasonable time after receipt of all required information.
- Hold the unit for which the application was received for a reasonable time under all the circumstances to complete the review unless prior to receipt of applicant's written request (if made after denial) the unit was committed to another applicant.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA MAY
RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF THE APPLICANT TO RENT.
All prospective tenants over the age of 18 will need to fill out an application. Applications can either be filled out online or printed out and filled out by hand. For online applications married couples must fill out separate applications. There is an application fee of $45.00 per person. Before applying please contact us to make sure there is not an application already in process for the property you are interested in. For online applications only, debit/credit card payments are accepted. For paper applications the fee may be paid with cash, money order, or by credit/debit card (we do not accept checks for the application fee). To pay by credit/debit just fill out the credit/debit payment section on the application. The application fee is not refundable. Below is a link to our Application and our Rental Criteria. Please note that SJC Management Group does not accept reusable tenant screening reports.
If you have pets SJC Management Group now requires pets screening. The cost for pet screening is $20 for the first Pet Profile and $15 for each additional pet profile. There is no charge ($0) for an Assistance Animal Accommodation Request.
Standard application processing time is 2-3 days. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 253-863-8117.